Creating a brand that builds loyal followers may be easier than you think. Here’s how to do it.
As a recruitment specialist, you already know how important it is for candidates to communicate how good they are. It’s also the same for companies. They need to come across as efficient, easy to work with and highly effective at what they do so that a candidate will feel proud to be an employee.
Your public image and your relationship with people is your brand.
How do you build relationships?
By being friendly, helpful and approachable.
Take your relationship building online with this approach
Social media offers us a way to reach more people in less time and in a controlled manner. In fact, it’s one of the most useful marketing channels currently available to recruitment companies.
However, if it’s not done right, it’s possible to dig yourself into a hole. Social media can be very effective but not if it’s done in a pushy or sales way. It turns people off and it makes them want to run away.
The most powerful way to connect with people is not by promoting these values or those values about your company. It’s not by pushing an unwanted recruitment webinar onto them or a meeting. It actually all boils down to how you can help them.
If you are perceived as somebody who can help people to attain their dream careers or solve issues for them, then you come across as a positive brand and people will want to buy from you. In fact, it’s the only way to connect with people and make them want to connect to you.
Doing any sales promotion quite often ends up repelling prospects. It creeps them out and puts them off.
Here are a few examples of how you can help them:
• Create a ‘newsletter’ that offers great tips on interviewing and current vacancies that are relevant to the individual
• Make yourself available for an ‘office hours’ Facebook or Zoom drop in where people can ask questions about what it’s like to work for your company or if you’re an agency, then the different companies you represent
• Help them to develop resume building skills and interviewing skills
• Inform them on how they can get the education that companies are looking for today
• Tell them where there are likely to be an increase in vacancies so that they can prepare themselves to react.
Today, it really is all about what you can do for people that will get you noticed by them and will build their loyalty for you.